The St. Croix Falls Historical Society was founded on April 29, 1986. One of its proudest accomplishments was purchasing the Baker Building at 106 S. Washington Street and restoring it to its 1882 image. The Baker Building was originally built as a real estate office for the Cushing Land Agency. In 2005, it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, as well as the State Register. The St. Croix Falls Historical Society offers history-oriented programs at its quarterly meetings and publishes THE ANTIQUARIAN, a quarterly newsletter relating to state and local history.
The Baker Building circa 1900
For more information, visit the St. Croix Falls Historical Society’s page on the Falls Chamber website at fallschamber.org/history/scf-history/.
Mission Statement: The mission of the St. Croix Falls Historical Society is to seek, collect, record, preserve and display historical artifacts and information pertaining to the St. Croix River Valley and to educate those that are interested in our area’s past.
Board of Directors:
- President – Durand Blanding
- Vice President – Norm Toensing
- Secretary – Maureen Yunker
- Treasurer – Dave Ollman
- Membership – Bernice Beattie
- John Beattie
- Robert Clark
- Mike Prichard
- Dolores Riegel
Contact Information: Contact us by email, phone or letter.
St. Croix Falls Historical Society
P.O. Box 281
St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin 54024